Monday, July 25, 2011

Video Project: The White shoes

The idea about this video was born back home when I was trying to figure out what to bring or not to bring.  I was reading all posts from my fellow classmates about Wear or Not To Wear, Bring or Not To Bring. That was a question.
I spied so many white shoes here in London, worn by people from all over the globe, so my short video shows many of the white shoes I saw lately.

Here are some of 'our' Facebook conversations before we came here:



What is appropriate footwear for London in the summertime? Having a hard time knowing what to pack.
           
           
            

FSU Multimedia 2011 Wear comfortable shoes as we will be on our feet a lot! However, wearing white (only) athletic shoes usually screams you are an American.June 14 at 8:13am · Like           
           
            

Theresa Latonis Wondracek LOL. An irish friend of mine said that her brother-in-law made the mistake of wearing white sneakers once and his feet were pointed at and discussed! She also suggested I bring capris and skirts, as shorts are "not done" -- at least for women. Can anyone give me some advice on this?June 16 at 4:59pm · Like 

I also asked my boss who was saying the same thing that we learned from Dr. Everhart before we came to London.  My boss, Ann O'Bryan, told me; "
Elena, I remember I was told the same thing before I went to Liverpool many years ago. It’s probably just a bit British snobbery and a way to look down on Americans. ;-)





 
         
           
                        


 

No comments:

Post a Comment