Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Mixing Modern with an Old.

The Salisbury Cathedral is busy with visitors daily.  I did not realize that I was saying "Sorry" to the real statue that does not move.  Suddenly, I saw all kind figures, including the fountain in the middle: the water -tower. I asked guide the name of artist: he said he thought it was Bruce Munro but he wasn't sure. He told me that it was normal to see all kind arts inside one of the oldest cathedrals.
Photography is welcome in the Cathedral, except  Magna Carta, which creates a good place for displaying art.  On the other hand, this is a sacred place.  I thought about how every aspect of marketing is covered to a new level, including installations, and hidden reasons why foreign tourists visit this cathedral, and bring support to local economy. Maybe it is a new way to show you care about the future of the Cathedral, through communication with modern art.

Mr. Piglet presents his adventure through the world of modern art inside one of oldest cathedral;

Mr. Piglet stood up and looked up; walked down the steps; sat down; tried to hide; and went to sleep.







What do you think about Mr. Piglet?

No comments:

Post a Comment