Monday, July 25, 2011

The history in our hands.


Stop # 1: The London Museum. I never have been here before, even though this isn't my first time in London. How I could miss this place before? The history that you can hold in your hands, see all transformation through the time, seeing how London was born on rubbish but turned out to be one of the most beautiful cities in the world.








I could take a shot of the real Roman ruins from the museum's windows, but the closest shots of the ruins were outside. I was overwhelmed from seeing all of these in one stop. What do these finds mean? Some excavated objects are easily identified and explained. Others keep their secrets.




The new & modern incorporated inside museum is so lovely. The transitions are natural, which not every museum can do. A slice through time: Saxon, Medieval & Modern, which can be used to help understand London. Many more await discoveries.




Stop # 2: St. Paul Cathedral.
I loved every moment of being there. I also went out of my comfort zone, and yes, I climbed up the 257 steps without even stopping once. I did it! Well, I froze again, but I tried to look down, and I am so proud that I did: one step at the time, one step closer to success.

No comments:

Post a Comment